Ashkan Lahiji, M.D., joined Peachtree Orthopedics in September, 2005. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Dr. Ashkan Lahiji joined the staff at the Peachtree Orthopedics in 2005. He brings with him a special interest in surgery of the foot and ankle in addition to a general orthopedic practice. Dr. Lahiji graduated from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland with a degree in biology. He completed his medical education at the State University of New York, graduating summa cum laude. He was also honored with induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society.
After medical school, he completed a one year research fellowship at the Johns Hopkins University department of orthopedic surgery. His research focused on the tissue engineering of cartilage and bone and its clinical application in orthopedics. He then pursued his surgical training at the University of Pennsylvania department of orthopedic surgery where he also served as an instructor of orthopedic surgery at the medical school for three years.
At the conclusion of his orthopedic training, Dr. Lahiji elected to undertake an additional year of subspecialty training as a fellow in surgery of the foot and ankle at the American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama. This year afforded him the opportunity to study a wide variety of foot and ankle disorders including sports related injuries, fractures, and complex reconstruction. Dr. Lahiji’s training has exposed him to the most advanced non-operative and operative treatment techniques currently available.
Fellowships: Johns Hopkins University Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Baltimore, MD; American Sports Medicine Institute, surgery of the foot and ankle, Birmingham, AL
Residency: University of Pennsylvania
Medical School: State University of New York, M.D. | Summa cum laude, Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
Undergraduate: Johns Hopkins University, B.S., biology, Baltimore, MD
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeons Society
- Georgia Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Association of Atlanta
- Medical Association of Georgia; sits on the medical practice committee which is charged with providing input in all areas of the practice of medicine in Georgia including public health and emergency medical services.
- Atlanta Medical Center’s orthopedic surgical residency program, co-chief of the foot and ankle division
- Dr. Lahiji continues Peachtree Orthopedics’ commitment to the Shepherd Center, performing reconstructive and corrective lower extremity surgery for these patients.
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Sports related foot and ankle injuries
- Foot and ankle arthritis
- Arthroscopic ankle surgery
- Total ankle arthroplasty
- Foot and ankle fractures
- Bunion correction
- Hammertoe correction
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Diabetic foot and ankle disorders
- Plantar fasciitis – including extracorporeal shockwave therapy
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- General orthopedic surgery
- Operative and non-operative care of fractures
- Arthroscopic surgery
ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS
Dr. Lahiji Offers Innovative Foot & Ankle Treatment
PROstep Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery: This minimally invasive procedure causes less damage to the foot, leading to less pain and faster recovery.
MoveWrightTM Total Ankle Replacement: Relieves ankle arthritis pain while increasing mobility by replacing damaged cartilage so the joint can move and bend more like a healthy ankle.