Anil O. Thomas, M.D.
Anil O. Thomas, M.D., joined Peachtree Orthopedics in September, 2014. He specializes in total hip and knee replacement surgery. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
- Total hip replacement surgery and total knee replacement surgery
- Revision hip and knee arthroplasty
- SuperPATH total hip replacement surgery
- Anterior total hip replacement surgery
- Minimally invasive hip replacement with computer-assisted navigation
- Robotic-assisted total knee replacement surgery
- Unicompartmental (partial) knee replacement surgery
- New England Baptist Hospital, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Adult Reconstruction, 2014, Boston, MA
- Emory University, Orthopedic Surgery, 2013, Atlanta, GA
- University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, M.D., 2008, Cincinnati, OH
- Case Western Reserve University, 2004, Cleveland, OH
Education and Training
Dr. Thomas received his B.A. in chemistry from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. As an undergraduate, he was awarded with the Case Western Reserve University Trustee Scholarship and Edward M. Chester Research Scholarship. He then attended medical school at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. Dr. Thomas went on to complete his internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Emory University. He then completed the prestigious Otto AuFranc Fellowship in total hip and knee replacement surgery at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, There, Dr. Thomas was exposed to the advanced techniques in minimally invasive hip and knee replacements, complex primary hip and knee replacements, revision hip and knee arthroplasty, and navigation-assisted total knee and hip surgery.
Dr. Thomas employs the latest techniques and advanced strategies to provide patients with comprehensive and patient-specific care for their hip and knee degenerative joint disease.
For a detailed list of Dr. Thomas' academic publications and presentations, please click here to see his curriculum vitae.
Message from a Grateful Patient
Dr. Thomas has been recognized by Vitals.com, an online physician rating site, for his excellent surgical outcomes and top-notch patient care. Awards are based on patient reviews of their experience and given to those physicians with the highest ratings nationwide.
- 2020, 2018, 2017 - Patient's Choice Award: Honors doctors who provided excellent patient care, as reflected in their near perfect patient ratings.
- 2020, 2018, 2017 - Compassionate Doctor Award: Honors doctors who treat their patients with the utmost kindness as reflected in their superior bedside manner.
- 2020, 2018 - On-Time Doctor: Honors doctors with the shortest average wait-times as reported by their patients.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Atlanta Orthopedic Society
- International Society of Technology in Arthroplasty
Actual Patient Reviews
Physicians - By NameMichael P. BERNOT, M.D.
Dominic S. CARREIRA, M.D.
Ezequiel CASSINELLI, M.D.
Wing K. CHANG, M.D.
John CHAO, M.D.
Xavier A. DURALDE, M.D.
Fred T. FINNEY, JR., M.D.
Letha Y. GRIFFIN, M.D.
Timothy GRIFFITH, M.D.
Anuj GUPTA, M.D.
John D. HENRY, JR., M.D.
Lee A. KELLEY, M.D.
James S. KERCHER, M.D.
Scott KIMMERLY, M.D.
Ashkan LAHIJI, M.D.
Donald F. LANGENBECK, M.D.
William G. LITTLEFIELD, M.D.
Walter B. MCCLELLAND, JR., M.D.
Stephen M. MCCOLLAM, M.D.
Allen MCDONALD, III, M.D.
Douglas H. MURRAY, M.D.
H. Herndon MURRAY, M.D.
Robert OWEN, M.D.
Scott D. PENNINGTON, M.D.
Shevin D. POLLYDORE, M.D.
Ashok S. REDDY, M.D.
R. Marvin ROYSTER, M.D.
David A. SCHIFF, M.D.
Hal SILCOX, III, M.D.
Stephen W. SMITH, M.D.
Neil TARABADKAR, M.D.
Anil O. THOMAS, M.D.
Obi UGWONALI, M.D.
M. Jonathan YORK, M.D.