Dr. Bernot graduated summa cum laude from Washington and Lee University in 1982. He earned his M.D. from the University of Virginia School Of Medicine in 1986. He completed his orthopedic training at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Bernot also completed a fellowship in sports medicine at the Christ Hospital, Bone and Joint Institute in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Fellowship: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA; orthopedics
Fellowship: Christ Hospital, Bone and Joint Institute, Cincinnati, OH; sports medicine
Medical School: University of Virginia School of Medicine, 1986, Charlottesville, VA
Honors: Joseph Whitehead Surgery Scholarship
Undergraduate Degree: Washington and Lee University, 1982, Lexington, VA | Graduated with honors, Summa cum laude
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Association of Atlanta
- Medical Association of Georgia
- Atlanta Clinical Society
- Atlanta Orthopaedic Society
- Head team orthopedist, Atlanta Hawks, 1993-2016
- Previous team orthopedist: World Championship Figure Skating Competition, Cincinnati Cyclones hockey team, Cincinnati Bengals football team, and Miami University varsity athletics
- Venue director for the Olympic basketball and gymnastics venues during the 1996 Summer Olympic Games
ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS
Dr. Bernot has been chosen as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor for 2022. Castle Connolly identifies Top Doctors based on an extensive nomination process. The national physician-led research team reviews and rigorously screens all nominated physicians before selecting those regarded as the most outstanding healthcare providers in the country. Dr. Bernot has been named as one of Atlanta’s top orthopedic surgeons from 2016 – 2022.