Outpatient total joint replacement has been made possible by recent advances in technology, anesthesia, and minimally invasive surgical techniques. Streamlined surgery, along with the proper physical therapy regimen, means an easier procedure and a faster recovery. Other benefits include:
- Outpatient surgery centers are less intimidating for patients.
- A streamlined procedure means lower out-of-pocket costs.
- Minimized tissue damage, less scarring and fewer complications.
- Pain management techniques for less medication, fewer side effects.
- Being home the same day and a quicker return to your activities.